What People Say About Us
Doctor and staff are friendly and professional. I could not ask for a better optometrist. The whole family are patients since 2013.
Patient Recommendation – LF
Staff and doctor are amazing. Dr. Jeff explains everything well and has found conditions with…
Patient Recommendation – AP
Visiting Dr. Sciberras has always been a satisfying experience. You leave the office having been “taken care of” by an expert! Patient since 2015.
Patient Recommendation – AP
Low Vision Defined:
Low Vision refers to a vision condition that cannot be corrected adequately by conventional eyeglasses or contact lenses. A variety of disorders that affect the eye (many are age-related) can cause an individual to become visually impaired and these include: Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma, Cataracts and Retinitis Pigmentosa.
Is Low Vision common?
Yes! Having Low Vision is the third most common physical impairment in those over the age of 65, exceeded only by heart disease and arthritis. Many people who are visually impaired have found help with their vision problems through the use of Low Vision Aids.
What is Low Vision Care?
Low Vision Care is the evaluation and management of those people that are visually impaired by an eye care or rehab professional. Their goal is to help those with low vision to overcome the handicapping effects of their visual impairment. Based on individual lifestyle needs, solutions will be sought to help each patient achieve their visual goals. This may include the recommendation of products known as Low Vision Aids.
How do we get started?
Do you have difficulty reading small print, even with your bifocals? Do you feel like you can no longer watch T.V. comfortably? Do you have trouble recognizing the faces of your loved ones? Do you suffer from Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma or Cataracts? Our staff has been specially trained to assist you in finding the appropriate solutions for your unique visual needs! Contact our office to schedule a Low Vision Evaluation! To prepare you for your first visit, we will send you an introduction letter and survey to help you and your family identify your visual needs and shortcomings. Please bring any eyeglasses or optical products you are currently using. These will greatly assist the doctor in developing a management plan specific to you!
Your vision matters to us.
Comprehensive Eye Exams and Premium Eyewear in Mississauga
- We offer comprehensive eye care and quality eye care products.
- Direct Insurance Billing.
- Fair pricing, including senior's discounts and 2 for 1 children's lenses. Click here for our latest promotions.
- Online appointment booking for added convenience.
- Extended office hours and Saturday appointments available.
- A full range of contact lens services, a wide selection of eye wear and digital lens technology from leading industry suppliers.
- All emergency visits accepted.
- We offer digital retinal exams to aid in the detection and treatment of eye disease and improved eye health monitoring.
- Unbiased expertise in laser eye surgery and cataract surgery co-management.
- We offer low vision assessments and aids for patients suffering from impaired vision.
- Most of all, your vision matters to us.
What Patients Say About Our Eye Care Clinic
- 98% rated their overall satisfaction as either excellent or very good.
- 99% achieved a good understanding of their eye health & vision correction options.
- 97% of our patients surveyed felt the thoroughness of care they received was excellent or very good.
- 100% rated the helpfulness of our staff as excellent or good.
- 100% of our patients rated the friendliness of our staff as very good or good.
- 83% of our patients were seen within 15 minutes of their appointment time.
- 88% rated us a "9" or "10 out of 10".
Last updated March 21, 2018.
Dr. Jeff Sciberras – your trusted Mississauga optometrist - is committed to helping you achieve the best in eye care, eye glasses, contact lenses and laser vision correction.