What People Say About Us
Doctor and staff are friendly and professional. I could not ask for a better optometrist. The whole family are patients. Patient since 2013.
Patient Recommendation – LF
Staff and doctor are amazing. Dr. Jeff explains everything well and has found conditions with…
Patient Recommendation – AP
Visiting Dr. Sciberras has always been a satisfying experience. You leave the office having been “taken care of” by an expert! Patient since 2015.
Patient Recommendation – AP
Diabetic Eye Exams
Diabetic retinopathy affects the retina and its small blood vessels. It is North America’s leading cause of preventable blindness in people aged 30-69 years of age, and the leading cause of blindness in people aged 20-74. The damage to the blood vessels occurs without pain or early vision loss, it is therefore imperative to have regular eye exams, even in the absence of symptoms.
To minimize the risk, patients with diabetes should control blood sugar levels well through proper diet and exercise, follow their doctors prescribed medical therapy and have their eyes examined at least once every year by their eye care professional. A 10-year study showed that people with insulin-dependent diabetes who strictly managed their blood glucose levels experienced 76% less eye damage. A 1% decline in your blood-glucose levels resulted in a 40% decline in risk of developing vision loss.
The digital retinal camera aids in the diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy and the monitoring of the condition and its treatment over time. A dilated fundus exam is part of the standard diabetic eye examination. Reports to your endocrinologist and/or physician will follow your visit with the optometrist.
Your vision matters to us.
Comprehensive Eye Exams and Premium Eyewear in Mississauga
- We offer comprehensive eye care and quality eye care products.
- Direct Insurance Billing.
- Fair pricing, including senior's discounts and 2 for 1 children's lenses. Click here for our latest promotions.
- Online appointment booking for added convenience.
- Extended office hours and Saturday appointments available.
- A full range of contact lens services, a wide selection of eye wear and digital lens technology from leading industry suppliers.
- All emergency visits accepted.
- We offer digital retinal exams to aid in the detection and treatment of eye disease and improved eye health monitoring.
- Unbiased expertise in laser eye surgery and cataract surgery co-management.
- We offer low vision assessments and aids for patients suffering from impaired vision.
- Most of all, your vision matters to us.
What Patients Say About Our Mississauga Eye Care Clinic
- 98% rated their overall satisfaction as either excellent or very good.
- 99% achieved a good understanding of their eye health & vision correction options.
- 97% of our patients surveyed felt the thoroughness of care they received was excellent or very good.
- 100% rated the helpfulness of our staff as excellent or good.
- 100% of our patients rated the friendliness of our staff as very good or good.
- 83% of our patients were seen within 15 minutes of their appointment time.
- 88% rated us a "9" or "10 out of 10".
Last updated March 21, 2018.
Dr. Jeff Sciberras – your trusted Mississauga optometrist - is committed to helping you achieve the best in eye care, eye glasses, contact lenses and laser vision correction.