What People Say About Us
Patient Recommendation – LF
Patient Recommendation – AP
Patient Recommendation – AP
Why You Should Wear Quality Sunglasses
This is why we all must wear sunglasses, which protect the tissues around the eyes from U.V. light. Year round, we should wear sunglasses when:
- You are exposed to outdoor water, pavement, sand and snow. (U.V. light bounces off of these surfaces.)
- Even when you are outside on cloudy days. (U.V. light can still be emitted through clouds.) Ultraviolet levels are at their highest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What Age Should I Start Wearing Sunglasses?
If you believe your child doesn’t need sunglasses, or that you’ve reached an age where the sun won’t affect you, think again.
Truth is, you’re never too young or too old to wear sunglasses. Children particularly spend more time outdoors than adults. As damage from the sun is cumulative over time, children must wear sunglasses as young as possible. In fact, 50% of our lifetime U.V. exposure occurs by the age of 18.
Anyone who drives should be wearing sunglasses, too. If you require prescription lenses, a dedicated pair of tinted lenses with your prescription is highly recommended.
A good pair of sunglasses will reduce eyestrain and fatigue, and improve the safety of your driving by allowing you to see sharply without glare. Polarized sunglass lenses enable you to see oncoming traffic through the windshields of other vehicles.
With that said, don’t wait any longer to protect your vision from the damaging effects of the sun.
How To Buy The Best Sunglasses
Follow these tips when shopping for new sunglasses:
- Make sure sunglasses block 99 to 100 percent of both U.V.A. and U.V.B. rays.
- Children should have polycarbonate sunglasses that are durable and unbreakable, with flexible frames.
- Frames, when incorporating prescription lenses, should avoid having a high degree of wrap; otherwise you may experience visual distortion and eye discomfort.
- Understand the different types of sun lenses available and how they’ll work for you. Dr. Sciberras recommends polarized sun lenses for his patients, as those are best at reducing glare. Glare is unwanted light entering our eyes that is reflected off horizontal surfaces. In addition, a UV400 filter in your sun lenses is required to protect the health of the ocular tissues and lids.
- Tints are important in their color and degree to which they are used. Avoid blue tints and tints that are not dark enough, as glare and light sensitivity will result.
Start preventing sun damage now. Dr. Sciberras is your source for the best sunglasses in Mississauga.
Call his office at (905) 828-2282 or click here to book an appointment.
Your vision matters to us.
Comprehensive Eye Exams and Premium Eyewear in Mississauga
- We offer comprehensive eye care and quality eye care products.
- Direct Insurance Billing.
- Fair pricing, including senior's discounts and 2 for 1 children's lenses. Click here for our latest promotions.
- Online appointment booking for added convenience.
- Extended office hours and Saturday appointments available.
- A full range of contact lens services, a wide selection of eye wear and digital lens technology from leading industry suppliers.
- All emergency visits accepted.
- We offer digital retinal exams to aid in the detection and treatment of eye disease and improved eye health monitoring.
- Unbiased expertise in laser eye surgery and cataract surgery co-management.
- We offer low vision assessments and aids for patients suffering from impaired vision.
- Most of all, your vision matters to us.
What Patients Say About Our Eye Care Clinic
- 98% rated their overall satisfaction as either excellent or very good.
- 99% achieved a good understanding of their eye health & vision correction options.
- 97% of our patients surveyed felt the thoroughness of care they received was excellent or very good.
- 100% rated the helpfulness of our staff as excellent or good.
- 100% of our patients rated the friendliness of our staff as very good or good.
- 83% of our patients were seen within 15 minutes of their appointment time.
- 88% rated us a "9" or "10 out of 10".
Last updated March 21, 2018.
Dr. Jeff Sciberras – your trusted Mississauga optometrist - is committed to helping you achieve the best in eye care, eye glasses, contact lenses and laser vision correction.