Doctor and staff are friendly and professional. I could not ask for a better optometrist. The whole family are patients since 2013.
Patient Recommendation – LF
Staff and doctor are amazing. Dr. Jeff explains everything well and has found conditions with…
Patient Recommendation – AP
Visiting Dr. Sciberras has always been a satisfying experience. You leave the office having been “taken care of” by an expert! Patient since 2015.
Patient Recommendation – AP
Our Eye Care Technology
Digital Retinal Camera:
Dr. Sciberras offers improved digital retinal imaging technology. Our new digital retinal camera allows us to take wider images of the retina and optic nerve head with greater resolution and color accuracy. With this new technology, retinal photographs can be taken without dilating eye drops and even in the presence of cataracts. The state-of-the-art software allows us to store, review and enhance the images to clearly document eye health. Serial photos can be compared to detect any changes to the retina and optic nerve at future visits. Images will be emailed to you for personal records. This technology will benefit you with earlier diagnosis and more accurate eye health documentation.
1. Autorefraction: the instrument focuses light into the patient’s eye and measures the amount of light reflected by the eye’s retina. In doing so, the instrument is able to provide an accurate estimate of the patient’s prescription, which the doctor can then use as a guide in helping determine and fine-tune the final prescription for glasses and/or contact lenses. This measurement takes only a few seconds to complete, and is performed on all patients prior to seeing the doctor for their eye exam.
2. Autokeratometry- the instrument measures the curvature of the cornea, or front of the eye, to determine contact lens fitting and optical integrity of the eye. This unit is also capable of mapping the corneal curvature, a higher order reading to detect subtle corneal disease such as keratoconus and pellucid marginal degeneration and the effects of contact lens wear.
3. Eye Pressure and Corneal Thickness Readings: the eye’s internal pressure is measured with a soft stream of air and the corneal thickness is measured simultaneously, which relates information to deduce glaucoma risk and laser eye surgery candidacy.
Huvitz Digital Refraction System:
This recent acquisition represents a significant shift in the exam process. The digital refraction system offers more accurate and a less time-consuming determination of your spectacle prescription. It also enables immediate one-touch comparison of your new prescription compared to your current spectacles. Prescription determinations can be frustrating for patients, but this system makes the process faster, more precise and easier for the patient to make subjective choices.
Visual Field Analyzer:
The Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer can quickly measure a patient’s peripheral vision. It uses a technology known as frequency doubling (FDT) to assess a patient’s sensitivity to movement and peripheral vision. It is used as a screening tool to aid in detecting glaucoma, optic nerve disease, as well as stroke and headache assessment. When not covered by OHIP, this ancillary test has a fee of $29.
Ocutouch Patient Education:
The Ocutouch System is a patient education software app that provides interactive eye anatomy animations to complement the doctor’s explanation of your eye exam findings. This helps each patient fully understand their diagnosis, risks and treatment options, allowing them to easily grasp otherwise difficult eye-related concepts. It is very useful in explaining cataracts and its surgical correction, refractive errors, eyelid and tear flow problems, retinal and vitreous detachments.
Smart Mirror Ipad:
Our new Ipad application has four major benefits that we are happy to provide our patients as a complementary service. First, the app allows our patients to try on glasses so that they can be viewed while wearing their own glasses. The images can be emailed to family and friends for second opinions as well. Up to four frame styles can be compared simultaneously. The app also serves as a great visual educational tool on the different lens technologies and coatings that are available to them. It also allows us to show how thick the lenses will look based on a particular combination of prescription and frame choice. Last, but definitely not least, it allows us to take the precise frame and eye measurements to take full advantage of today’s digital lens technologies. This tool thereby allows us to provide superior, more accurate eyewear delivery and ultimately greater patient satisfaction in their visual outcome.
Your vision matters to us.
Comprehensive Eye Exams and Premium Eyewear in Mississauga
- We offer comprehensive eye care and quality eye care products.
- Direct Insurance Billing.
- Fair pricing, including senior's discounts and 2 for 1 children's lenses. Click here for our latest promotions.
- Online appointment booking for added convenience.
- Extended office hours and Saturday appointments available.
- A full range of contact lens services, a wide selection of eye wear and digital lens technology from leading industry suppliers.
- All emergency visits accepted.
- We offer digital retinal exams to aid in the detection and treatment of eye disease and improved eye health monitoring.
- Unbiased expertise in laser eye surgery and cataract surgery co-management.
- We offer low vision assessments and aids for patients suffering from impaired vision.
- Most of all, your vision matters to us.
What Patients Say About Our Eye Care Clinic
- 98% rated their overall satisfaction as either excellent or very good.
- 99% achieved a good understanding of their eye health & vision correction options.
- 97% of our patients surveyed felt the thoroughness of care they received was excellent or very good.
- 100% rated the helpfulness of our staff as excellent or good.
- 100% of our patients rated the friendliness of our staff as very good or good.
- 83% of our patients were seen within 15 minutes of their appointment time.
- 88% rated us a "9" or "10 out of 10".
Last updated March 21, 2018.
Dr. Jeff Sciberras – your trusted Mississauga optometrist - is committed to helping you achieve the best in eye care, eye glasses, contact lenses and laser vision correction.