How To Prepare For Your Eye Exam
We have instituted new office procedures to ensure the safety and health of you and our staff. In the interest of safety and to make efficient use of your exam time, please read the following:
- new patients must register in advance using our on-line Registration Form
- allow at least 60 minutes in your schedule for your appointment time
- please arrive 5 minutes before your exam time
- arriving late may require a return visit to complete any necessary testing and/or missed appointment fee may apply
- please bring only 1 family member if necessary when accompanying a minor, translation is required, or if the patient requires physical/cognitive assistance
- bring any eyeglasses you use or were last prescribed to the appointment
- if you use contact lenses bring any relevant info with you, but it is best to wear your eyeglasses for the exam
- for returning patients, bring a list of all your medications/vitamins
- if you have a referral from your doctor, advise the staff at the time of booking and provide an email copy at the time of booking
- new patients that have diabetes need to provide proof of diabetes in the form of your medications or a referral letter from your doctor prior to your appointment
- if you require any forms filled, please email them at the time of booking your appointment
- check your vision insurance if applicable before your exam; we no longer call insurance providers to find out your eligibility; we direct bill only so any services or products not covered by third party insurers is the responsibility of the patient at the time of their visit
- we can direct bill in most cases, but sometimes payments are made directly to the patient, so the patient will be responsible for any fees for services rendered at the time of your visit; a minimum 50% deposit is required for all products and 100% payment for services rendered
- eyeglasses and customized contact lenses cannot be canceled once ordered
- bring a list of questions/concerns you have and present them at the start of your exam
- if you are interested in contact lenses, laser eye surgery, or any other special considerations, please mention this to staff when booking the appointment
- 24-hour notice is required for canceling or rescheduling appointments or a fee of $60 applies
- parking fees are about $2, but free on weekends and after 4 pm on weekdays
- during the warmer months our office can be accessed from the main floor using the upper parking lot entrance, or from the side entrance adjacent to Credit Valley Road accessed from the lower parking lot
- we offer digital retinal imaging to aid in the diagnosis and monitoring of eye health, the fee for retinal imaging is $39
- all visits are by appointment only
- we will be actively reviewing and modifying office policies and procedures over time for the safety of staff and patients
You can now browse our frame selection prior to your visit using our Virtual Frame Try-On.
At the time of your exam, it may be required to conduct a dilated retinal exam. This means your pupils will be dilated and you will experience blurred vision and light sensitivity for up to 3 hours after your exam. Having a pair of sunglasses or a driver is advisable in these circumstances. If this is not possible, a second visit may be required to complete all testing – fees apply. Patients most likely to require same-day dilation include patients with diabetes, seniors, patients with very small pupils, lazy eye (a.k.a. amblyopia), those with high myopia or nearsightedness, retinal disease, optic nerve disease, patients complaining of sudden vision loss, flashes and/or floaters, etc.
We look forward to serving all of your eye care needs. Please note we offer many of the treatments we prescribe. This is for your convenience, to ensure the quality of care you receive and to aid in treatment compliance. To learn about our eye care product offerings, click here.
Book your next eye exam here. If you have already booked your appointment, and it is your first visit to the office, please remember to submit your the online Patient Registration form immediately for doctor’s review. Click here to access the NEW PATIENT REGISTRATION FORM.