How To Prepare For Your Eye Exam
Special COVID-19 Office Policies
We have instituted new office procedures to ensure the safety and health of you and our staff. In the interest of safety and to make efficient use of our time together, please read the following:
- new patients must register in advance using our online Registration Form
- allow at least 45 minutes in your schedule for your appointment time
- please arrive 5 minutes before your exam time and contact us by phone or text when you arrive at the building
- arriving late may require a return visit to complete any necessary testing
- all visitors to the office (aged 3 and up) are required to wear a mask
- please bring only 1 family member along, if necessary, when accompanying a minor, translation is required, or if the patient requires physical/cognitive assistance
- bring your eyeglasses, reading/computer glasses, and sunglasses to your appointment
- if you use contact lenses, bring them with you, but it is best to wear your eyeglasses to the exam
- if you have your most recent contact lens information, such as the boxes they are packaged in, or your most recent prescription, bring that information as well
- bring a list of all your medications/vitamins
- if you have a referral from your doctor, advise the staff at the time of booking and provide a hard copy before your visit by email
- if you require forms filled, please email them before your visit
- check your vision insurance if applicable before your exam; we can no longer call insurance providers to find out coverage during your visit in our effort to limit contact time
- bring a list of questions or concerns you may have and present them at the time of your exam
- if you are interested in contact lenses or laser eye surgery, or any other special considerations, please mention this to staff when booking your appointment
- we can direct bill in most cases, but sometimes payments are made directly to the patient, so the patient will be responsible for any fees for services rendered at that time
- we require 48 hours of notice for canceling or rescheduling appointments – a fee of $55 applies if this time requirement is not met
- we will be actively reviewing and modifying office policies and procedures for the safety of staff and patients, to learn more click here
- parking fees are about $2, but free on weekends and after 4 pm and is very accessible
- during summer months our office can be accessed from the main floor using the upper parking lot entrance, or from the side entrance adjacent to Credit Valley Road accessed from the lower parking lot adjacent to the lot entrance
- we offer digital retinal imaging to aid in the diagnosis and monitoring of eye health, and it is strongly recommended for patients as mask wearing during the exam can make examination more difficult without the use of this technology. The service fee for retinal imaging is $35 to $40.
- all visits are by appointment only
You can browse our frame selection prior to your visit using our Virtual Frame TryOn.
It may be required to conduct a dilated retinal exam – your pupils will be dilated and you will experience some blurred vision and light sensitivity for up to 3 hours after your exam. Having a pair of sunglasses or a driver is advisable in these circumstances. If this is not possible, a second visit may be required to complete all testing. Patients most likely to require same-day dilation include patients with diabetes, seniors, patients with very small pupils, lazy eye (or amblyopia), those with high myopia or nearsightedness, retinal disease, optic nerve disease, patients complaining of sudden vision loss, flashes, or floaters.
We look forward to serving you and all of your eye care needs. Please note we do offer many of the treatments we prescribe. This helps ensure the quality of care, compliance with treatment, and for convenience. To learn about our eye treatment offerings, click here.
Book your Eye Exam here. If you have already booked your exam, and it is your first visit to the office, please remember to submit your online Patient Registration prior to your appointment. Click here to access the PATIENT REGISTRATION FORM.