Eye Care in the age of COVID-19
We actively listen to the medical community’s best practice recommendations and guidance to constantly review our office policies to ensure the safety of both you and our staff, while providing ongoing eye care, video consultations, and the provision of eyewear and contact lenses.
- We have implemented new procedures to minimize traffic and overall visit times in the clinic. Please be assured none of these new procedures will compromise the usual high level of care provided to our patients. In fact, we have found them to help offer more personalized service.
- We are asking patients with an appointment to come alone. Exceptions will be made for those requiring a translator, when accompanying a minor or when tending to a family member with a mobility or cognitive concern.
- We have instituted deep cleaning of the clinic throughout the day, including sanitizing surfaces and contact areas prior to and after each patient encounter.
- Staff will frequently perform hand washing.
- We will be asking new patients to submit an online registration form prior to their visit.
- We have implemented a pre-appointment screening system. Anyone with two or more of the following symptoms will have their appointment rescheduled: fever, cough/sore throat, muscle pain/chills, or recent loss of smell/taste.
- Visitors to our clinic should call the office upon arriving at the building to help ensure social distancing requirements are met.
- At this time, all patients or visitors to the office will be required to wear a mask.
- We will actively monitor the health status of our staff. Anyone experiencing any of the aforementioned symptoms will not be attending the office.
- All rescheduled appointments will be evaluated by Dr. Sciberras to ensure you receive eye care in a timely, but safe manner. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we trust you will respect our judgment for the sake of staff and patient safety.
- All eyeglasses will be cleaned before and after each patient contact.
- We prefer to mail contact lenses to your home/work and this is being offered at no charge.
- For any eyeglass pickups or frame adjustments, please schedule a time.
- All our medical personnel and administrative staff will utilize personal protective equipment, including surgical masks and gloves as necessary given their patient interactions and in accordance with guidance from the provincial health authorities and best practices.
- Dr. Sciberras will wear a mask and will perform frequent hand sanitizing during all patient encounters.
We will do everything in our power to ensure a safe environment for you and our staff, based on scientific research. We will therefore be modifying our policies and procedures to reflect the latest scientific knowledge.
The COVID-19 situation presents a challenge to all of us, but we will traverse it with logic and cooperation, all while delivering the eye care and vision needs you require.
We will continue to monitor and adapt to the environment and update our policies and practices accordingly. Dr. Sciberras will continue to provide the highest level of eye care and support to you and your family during these times.
On behalf of Dr. Sciberras and staff, we thank you for your loyalty and patronage.
Comprehensive Eye Care and Vision Correction
Dr. Sciberras strives to provide all of his patients with the highest quality of comprehensive eye care. Experience clear, comfortable vision and understand all of your treatment options. Dr. Sciberras and staff look forward to serving all of your eye care and vision needs. We will do our best to accommodate all emergencies, however due to social distancing, we cannot make any guarantees.