Eye CAre in the age of Covid-19
We actively listen to the medical community’s best practice recommendations and guidance to constantly review our office policies to maximize the safety of both you and our staff, while providing ongoing eye care, video consultations and the provision of eye wear and contact lenses.
- We have implemented new procedures to minimize wait and overall visit times and traffic within the clinic. Please be assured that none of these new procedures will compromise the usual high level of care provided to our patients.
- We are asking patients with an appointment to come alone unless another family member has an appointment at the same time. Exceptions will be made for those requiring a translator, when accompanying a minor or when tending to a family member with a mobility or cognitive concern.
- We have instituted deep cleaning of the clinic through the day. This includes sanitizing surfaces and patient contact areas prior to and after each patient encounter.
- We will be asking you to: complete registration forms prior to your visit, have your temperature taken at check-in and wash your hands when first entering the office.
- We have implemented a pre-appointment screening system. Anyone with two or more of the following symptoms of fever, cough/sore throat, muscle pain/chills, or recent loss of smell/taste, will have their appointments rescheduled.
- We will actively monitor the health status of our staff. Anyone with these same symptoms will not be attending the office.
- All rescheduled appointments will be evaluated by Dr. Sciberras to ensure you receive eye care in a timely, but safe manner. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we trust you will respect our judgement for the sake of staff and patient safety.
- We prefer to mail contact lenses to your home/work and this is currently offered at no charge. For any eyeglass pickups or frame adjustments, please schedule a time with staff.
- All our medical personnel and administrative staff will utilize personal protective equipment, including surgical masks and gloves as necessary given their patient interactions and in accordance with guidance from the provincial health authorities and best practices.
- At this time, and until further notice, Dr. Sciberras has asked that all patients/visitors to the office enter the clinic wearing a mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you. The cost of one mask for each patient/visitor is $5.
- All touch points throughout the office will be cleaned before and after each patient visit.
- All eyeglasses will be cleaned before and after each patient contact.
- Dr. Sciberras will wear a mask, goggles and nylon gloves for all close patient encounters.
- Both doctor and staff will frequently perform hand washing.
- We will do everything in our power to ensure a safe environment for you and our staff, based on scientific research.
The COVID-19 situation presents a challenge to all of us, but we will traverse it with due diligence and your cooperation, all while delivering the eye care and vision needs you require.
We will continue to monitor and adapt to the current environment, and update our policies and practices as needed. Dr. Sciberras will continue to provide the highest level of eye care and support to you and your family during these times.
On behalf of Dr. Sciberras and his staff, we thank you for your loyalty and patronage.
Comprehensive Eye Care and Vision Correction
Dr. Sciberras strives to provide all of his patients with the highest quality of comprehensive eye care. Experience clear, comfortable vision. Understand all of your vision correction and treatment options. Dr. Sciberras and staff look forward to serving all of your eye care and vision needs. Ocular emergencies will not be turned away.