Contact Lenses IN mISSISSAUGA
If you’re looking to correct your vision, contact lenses may be an excellent, possibly superior option to glasses. Here are some things to know about contact lenses and their benefits:
- Contact lenses can correct vision for nearsightedness/myopia, farsightedness/hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia (i.e. loss of reading ability), and keratoconus or other irregular corneas. Scleral lenses can also benefit patients with severe dry eye.
- Unlike eyeglasses, contact lenses are not obstructive and therefore more convenient to wear during physical activities, especially since they don’t fog up or hinder your peripheral vision.
- Contact lenses can improve athletic performance up to 25% over spectacle wear.
- With higher prescriptions, contact lenses often provide more natural vision and easier adaptation.
- For many patients, especially teens, the stigma of wearing glasses can be alleviated with contact lens wear. Click the link to read “A Parent’s Guide to Contact Lenses.”
- There are several types of contact lenses. These range from hard to soft lens materials; single versus multi-focal vision correction; and daily disposable lenses to extended-wear lenses. Consult with Dr. Sciberras to determine which type is most suitable for your needs and ocular health status.
- There is no such thing as a set age to begin or discontinue wearing contact lenses. If your child is interested in contact lenses, schedule their comprehensive eye health and vision examination first.
- Please remember: contact lenses are a medical device. As such, they need to be properly fitted, maintained and evaluated over time with your optometrist.
Download our app to easily reorder contact lenses, approved and verified by Dr. Jeff Sciberras prior to being shipped to you at no charge.
What To Expect From The Exam
After conducting a thorough eye health exam and an understanding of your vision demands, Dr. Sciberras will determine which modality of contact lenses will be best for your overall eye health, vision, and lifestyle. At times, there is more than one viable option, and the decision will be made after deliberate consultation.
In addition, most prescriptions for contact lenses can be immediately fitted with diagnostic lenses after the consultation with Dr. Sciberras. Once your contact lenses are ordered, they are often ready for pick-up or delivery within 5 business days. Most of our suppliers extend rebates to Dr. Sciberras’ patients. We are committed to your satisfaction with the lenses we fit. Learn about our Current Promotions here.
Our Commitment To Your Vision
We are 100 percent committed to providing you with the best service in eye care and eyewear. We will strive to provide you with clear, comfortable vision in the best lens technology and most convenient modality for you.
Our Contact Lens Brands
Our Mississauga office carries contact lens fitting sets from leading manufacturers, including Johnson & Johnson’s Acuvue Oasys, Alcon’s Air Optix Hydraglyde and Coopervision’s Biofinity family, among others, so that virtually all prescriptions can be fitted at the time of your initial exam. This includes vision correction for nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism and bifocals (to correct poor near vision). We also carry daily disposables and colored cosmetic lenses. Rebates and free home delivery available in most cases.
MiSight: The First & Only Dailies Lens Proven To Slow Myopia
These FDA approved lenses offer a new tool to fight the progression of myopia in children. Studies have found MiSight contact lenses effective in reducing the progression of myopia (nearsightedness) in children by 59%. The daily disposable format means no cleaning or storage required, improving both eye health and comfort. Learn more here: “A Parents’ Guide to Contact Lenses.”
Multifocal Lenses: We successfully fit our presbyopic patients with multifocal contact lenses that allow clear vision at all distances, near through far.
We Stock Disposable Contact Lenses by Coopervision.
Mediflex Aquafinity lenses by Coopervision are made from a unique, silicone-hydrogel material that retains moisture to provide all day comfort. They allow greater levels of oxygen to reach the eye, for improved ocular health and whiter eyes. The material is available in spherical, toric (astigmatic) and multi-focal (or bifocal) prescriptions.
NEW! MyDay multifocal daily disposables are the latest innovation from Coopervision, using binocular progressive optics to provide clear vision at all distance, regardless of how advanced your presbyopia is. The Aquaform Technology locks in moisture to provide all-day comfort. With its convenient daily replacement schedule and U.V. blocking ability, you’re always ready to take on the day.
Air Optix Colors: Finally, a cosmetic contact lens that doesn’t compromise eye health. The plasma surface resists deposits that can reduce comfort and its material is the most oxygen-permeable cosmetic lens on the market. The 3-in-1 color technology defines, brightens and transforms your eye color. Available in: brown, turquoise, gray, sterling gray, blue, brilliant blue, honey, green, gemstone green, pure hazel, true sapphire, honey, and amethyst. Come in and try them.
Onefit Scleral Lenses are a great option for just about anyone!
• Those who experience dryness, discomfort or contact lens intolerance
• Athletes and active individuals
• All cornea types – normal to highly irregular
• For those with Keratoconus, Astigmatism (toric), Presbyopia (multifocal or bi-focal prescriptions), patients with less than optimum results from LASIK, PRK and Radial Keratotomy (RK)
Benefits of wearing Onefit Scleral Lenses:
• Consistent all day comfort and hydration
• Crisp vision with no fluctuation, halos or glare
• Optimum oxygen delivery for long-term eye health
• Lens and tear layer provide protection from wind, dust and dryness
KeraSoft IC is a completely customizable soft lens design for the healthy vision correction of keratoconus and most irregular corneal conditions. Made from Silicone-Hydrogel material, with 74% water-content, this lens is designed for quarterly replacement. It is an excellent alternative to rigid gas permeable lenses for: Keratoconus, Ectasia, Pellucid Marginal Degeneration and post corneal surgery.
Dailies Total 1
Experience the comfort and eye health benefits of daily disposable lenses in the most unique lens material on the market. Watch video to learn how Dailies Total 1 sets the benchmark in contact lens comfort and eye health. Now available in multifocal power designs to correct near vision difficulties (presbyopia).
How To Properly Apply And Remove Contact Lenses
See instructional video below.