If you’ve been sleeping while wearing your contact lenses, you may want to think about changing your bedtime routine. Here are some of the reasons
Contact Lenses IN mISSISSAUGA
If you’re looking to correct your vision, contact lenses may be an excellent, possibly superior option, for you. Here are some things to know about contact lenses and some of their benefits:
- Contact lenses can correct vision for nearsightedness or myopia, farsightedness, or hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia or loss of reading ability, as well as keratoconus.
- Unlike eyeglasses, contact lenses are not obstructive and they’re more convenient to wear during physical activities, especially since they don’t fog up or hinder your peripheral vision.
- Contact lenses can improve athletic performance by up to 25% over spectacle wear.
- With higher prescriptions, contact lenses often provide more natural vision and easier adaptation.
- For many patients, especially teens, the stigma of wearing glasses can be alleviated with contact lens wear. Click the link to read “A Parent’s Guide to Contact Lenses.”
- There are several types of contact lenses. These range from hard and soft lens materials; single versus multi-focal vision correction; and daily disposable lenses to extended-wear lenses. Consult with Dr. Sciberras to determine which type is most suitable for your needs.
- In addition, make sure you’re aware of the pros and cons associated with the different types of contact lens modalities.
- There is no such thing as a set age to begin wearing contacts. If your child is interested in contact lenses, schedule a comprehensive eye health and vision examination first.
- Always remember that contact lenses are a medical device. As such, they need to be properly fitted, maintained and evaluated over time with your optometrist.
Your Source For Contact Lenses
Dr. Sciberras utilizes the latest lens technologies and materials in order to provide his patients with the best products for ocular health, convenience and visual clarity. To learn more about the lens brands we carry, click OUR BRANDS.
What To Expect From The Exam
After conducting a thorough eye health exam and an understanding of your vision demands, Dr. Sciberras will determine which modality of contact lenses will be best for your overall eye health, vision and lifestyle. At times, there is more than one viable option, and the decision will be made after deliberate consultation.
In addition, most prescriptions for contact lenses can be immediately fitted with diagnostic lenses after your consultation with Dr. Sciberras is over. Once your contact lenses are ordered, they are often ready for pick-up within 2 business days or we can arrange for home or work delivery. Most of our suppliers extend rebates to Dr. Sciberras’ patients and we are committed to your satisfaction with the lenses we dispense. Learn about our Current Promotions here.
Our Commitment To Your Vision
We’re 100 percent committed to providing you with the best service in eye care and eyewear. We will strive to provide you with clear, comfortable vision in the best lens technology and most convenient modality for you.
Our Contact Lens Brands
Our Mississauga office carries contact lens fitting sets from leading manufacturers, including Johnson & Johnson’s Acuvue Oasys, Alcon’s Air Optix and Coopervision’s Biofinity, among others, so that virtually all prescriptions can be fitted at the time of your initial exam. This includes vision correction for nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism and bifocals (to correct poor near vision). We also carry daily disposables and cosmetic lenses. Rebates and free home delivery available in most cases.
MiSight: The First Daily Disposable Lens Proven To Slow Myopia
These FDA approved lenses offer a new tool to fight the progression of myopia in children. Studies have found MiSight contact lenses effective in reducing the progression of myopia (nearsightedness) in children by 59%. The daily disposable format means no cleaning or storage required, improving both eye health and comfort. Learn more here: “A Parents’ Guide to Contact Lenses.”
Multifocal Lenses: We successfully fit our presbyopic patients with multifocal contact lenses that allow clear vision at all distances, near through far. Special promotional pricing on Air Optix brand lenses purchased with Optifree or Clearcare solutions.
We Stock Disposable Contact Lenses by Coopervision.
Mediflex Aquafinity lenses by Coopervision are made from a unique, silicone-hydrogel material that helps retain moisture to ensure all day comfort. They allow greater levels of oxygen to reach the eye, for better ocular health and whiter eyes. The material is available in spherical, toric (astigmatic) and multifocal (or bifocal) prescriptions. Rebates and free home delivery available on purchases of an annual supply or six months of daily disposables.
Mediflex Aquafinity E-comfort lenses with new “digital zone optics” to alleviate dryness and eye fatigue often associated with today’s digital device demands. It is the world’s first contact lens to incorporate Digital Zone Optics™ – to help you go from on- to off-screen and back with less strain.
Air Optix Colors: Finally, a cosmetic contact lens that doesn’t compromise eye health. The plasma surface resists deposits that can reduce comfort and its material is the most oxygen-permeable cosmetic lens on the market. The 3-in-1 color technology defines, brightens and transforms your eye color. Available in: brown, turquoise, gray, sterling gray, blue, brilliant blue, honey, green, gemstone green, pure hazel, true sapphire, honey, and amethyst. Come in and try them.
Onefit Scleral lenses are a great option for just about anyone!
• Those who experience dryness, discomfort, or contact lens intolerance
• Athletes and active individuals – all eye shapes and conditions
• All cornea types – normal to highly irregular
• Those with Keratoconus, Astigmatism (toric), Presbyopia (multifocal or bi-focal), patients with less than optimum results from LASIK and Post-RK, and much more
Benefits of wearing OnefitTM and OnefitTM MED Scleral Lenses:
• Consistent all day comfort and hydration
• Crisp vision with no fluctuation, halos or glare
• Optimum oxygen to your cornea forlong-term corneal health
• Lens and tear layer provide protection fromwind, dust and debris
KeraSoft IC is a completely customizable soft lens design for the healthy vision correction of Keratoconus and most irregular corneal conditions. Made from Silicone-Hydrogel material, with 74% water-content, this lens is designed for quarterly replacement. It is an excellent alternative to rigid gas permeable lenses for: Keratoconus, Ectasia, Pellucid Marginal Degeneration and post corneal surgery.
Dailies Total 1 by Alcon
Experience the comfort and eye health benefits of daily disposable lenses in the most unique lens material on the market. Watch video to learn how Dailies Total 1 by Alcon sets the benchmark in contact lens comfort and eye health. Now available in multifocal power designs to correct near vision problems while reading (presbyopia).